Water Heritage Day Grants Scheme 2023
Sunday 20th August 2023
Closing date: Monday 10th July at 4pm
Water Heritage Day is on Sunday 20th August 2023 during National Heritage Week which runs from Saturday 12th – Sunday 20th August 2023. Water Heritage Day is an opportunity to explore traditions, practices, knowledge and skills associated with our natural waters. There are many ways to celebrate this important connection from storytelling, researching skills associated with navigation (boatmaking), hosting an event to demonstrate angling skills to walks which explore the unique biodiversity of our waterways.
The Heritage Week Theme for 2023 is Living Heritage. It invites you to explore the traditions and practices, knowledge and skills passed down through generations.
If you are planning a water/biodiversity related event, you are invited by the Local Authority Waters Programme (LAWPRO) to submit your Heritage Week event ideas for funding. There are lots of resources and ideas about Heritage Week events on the Heritage Council website and you are invited to submit an application to host a Heritage Week event.
Your event may also be nominated for a Water Heritage Award 2023.
You will also find information and ideas on this booklet of ideas NHW23-101-Event-Ideas.pdf (heritageweek.ie)
How to apply:
- Apply by completing the form below
- Queries to your Community Water Officer Communities Team - Local Authority Water Programme (lawaters.ie) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 10th July 2023 at 4pm
- This fund is open to not-for-profit Community and Voluntary groups in the Republic of Ireland only
- Applicant group must have a bank account
- Individuals may not apply
- Applications must have a water heritage focus
- Only one application may be submitted per eligible organisation
- Events/initiatives must be held on Water Heritage Day - Sunday 20th August 2023 or during National Heritage Week (12th to 20th August) if this date is not suitable.
- You must register your event on the Heritage Council website Home | National Heritage Week 12 – 20 August 2023.
- Grants awarded will range from €50 to €400 towards the initiative. (In exceptional circumstances and on receipt of relevant quotations the maximum amount may be greater than €400).
- Applications must demonstrate good value for money and proposed costs must be in keeping with the scheme.
- Staff costs
- Teaching/staffing in schools
- Travel, fuel, and transport costs, except in exceptional circumstances
- Projects that solely benefit an individual
- Equipment, unless directly associated with the event
- Income generating initiatives
- Overheads and ongoing running costs
- Accommodation and subsistence
- Each application will be assessed based on its merits as it is submitted.
- There is no obligation on LAWPRO to request any outstanding or supporting information.
- Funding will be allocated based on the recommendations of an assessment panel.
- The total allocation FOR 2023 will be €30,000 nationwide.
- There is no guarantee that applications will be funded.
- We will endeavour to have a good geographical spread of events/initiatives.
Allocation of grants:
- Successful applicants will be issued with a letter of offer and grant Terms & Conditions
- A signed grant acceptance form must be completed and returned within the specified time
- Applicants must submit a post event report, including proof of payments for all items, photographs and outcomes such as number of people in attendance at events, etc.
- Grants will be paid after the event and before 20th September 2023.
Other grant conditions:
Where a grant is allocated to support a particular event or initiative, LAWPRO will not be responsible for the insurance of that event or initiative. Applicants must ensure that adequate insurance is in place.
LAWPRO will not be responsible for any approvals, permissions, licences, or consents required. It is the applicant/organisers responsibility to ensure that these are in place.
All relevant policies such as Child Protection Policy must be in place by the applicant.
You should base your proposal on the best public health advice and guidance available at the time you are making your application. Further information on Public Health Guidance is available on HSE & Government websites and is updated frequently. https://www.gov.ie/en/ https://www.hse.ie/eng/
Communications Guide for Heritage Week
- The Heritage Week Theme for 2023 is Living Heritage. It invites you to explore the traditions and practices, knowledge and skills passed down through generations.
- You must list your event here Home | National Heritage Week 12 – 20 August 2023.
- Please use the LAWPRO logo on all communications Funding - Download our Logo - Local Authority Water Programme (lawaters.ie)
- Please document your event through photographs and short video clips.
- A short post event report is required, including photographs and outcomes such as number of people in attendance at event, etc.
Promote your project/event via social media:
- Facebook: @LAWPROteam
- Twitter: @WatersProgramme
- Hashtags: #CelebrateWater #HeritageWeek2023 #LivingHeritage #WaterHeritage #WaterHeritageDay
Please ensure the application form is fully complete ONLINE